Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Seasons Change

We are changing seasons here in the Kern River Valley. Although we had more than our four days of spring this year, I am not ready for spring to leave. Unless, of course, it takes this blasted wind with it. Fathers day the wind blew so hard we just stayed in all day.
Now we are going from our mild (for this time of the year) 83-87 degrees to high 90's, and low 100's for the weekend.
Dont get me wrong, I love the warm weather. I dread winter. But my cooler isnt ready at my studio. Nuff whining.
The White pelicans are dwindling and moving on. We get flocks of white pelicans joining us every winter. I am not sure where they come from, nor where they go when they leave. All I know is that our lake is almost 3 hours (driving time), and two mountain chains, away from any ocean. And our lake is no substitute for the beach, but here they are every year. We must be on their migration map. Some day I am going to have to research this amazing thing. But not today.
Today I have to go to my bookkeeping job. It is my friday!

No comments: